|Spring Color||Dates||Spring Color||Dates|
|White Group||February 22-28||Yellow Group||April 19-25|
|Pink Group||March 8-14||Green Group||May 3-9|
|Red Group||March 22-28||Blue Group||May 17-23|
|Orange Group||April 5-11||Violet Group||May 31-Jun 6|
To Do This Week
|Start Seeds Inside||Transplant Plants||Plant Seeds Outside|
|*New plant! This was added since the previous week.|
If you haven’t created your garden plan and prepped your garden, it’s time!
- Decide what veggies you want to plant, and how much of each.
- Create a garden plan! ?Use the tool linked here, or draw out your garden on paper, mapping out where each type of plant will go.
- Complete an inventory and create a list of items you need for your garden.
- Purchase seeds, onion sets, compost, and any other equipment you need.
- Prepare soil by adding compost and/or other amendments, till or turn it.
- Set up trellises?and other supports for spring vegetables.
Beets are a semi-hardy vegetable. Beets do not transplant well. Plant beets directly in the garden.
Carrots are a semi-hardy vegetable that grow best in cool weather with lots of sun. ?Carrots do not transplant well. Plant seeds directly in the garden.
Carrot seeds take a long time to germinate, and need consistent watering until they do. It’s best to mist or use drip irrigation so you do not wash the carrot seeds away.
Lettuce is a semi-hardy vegetable that grows best in cool weather or partial shade during the summer. Plant seeds directly in the garden or harden off and move transplants into the garden. To have a continuous harvest, don’t plant all the lettuce at once. Instead plant a square or two (4-8 plants) every 2 weeks.
Radishes are a?hardy vegetable that grows best in cool weather. It does not transplant well. Plant radish seeds directly in the garden.
Spinach is a?hardy vegetable that grows best in cool weather. Plant spinach directly in the garden as soon as the ground is 40 degrees (not frozen) and you are able to work the soil.